Residential Support worker – Residential Home
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (different contracts to suit)
Salary: 8.15 per hour (NVQ 2 or care certificate) / 7.88 per hour (no experience)
(Time and a half pay for hours worked past 37.5 per week)
Reports to: Lead Nurse
Out exceptional residential service in Harrow, North London provides person-centred, responsive care for 21 adults with physical disabilities, in a spacious, modern home.
Our staff deliver a personalised care plan that’s tailored to the individual. All care plans are discussed with the resident on a one to one basis, capturing exactly how a resident prefers to have their needs met. All care plans are signed off by our residents.
Am I the right person for this role?
- Be flexible and adaptable, with the ability to connect and establish relationship
- Loving and caring individual
- Have knowledge health and safety in the workplace
- Have the ability to interact and identify communication and language needs
- Looking to progress and develop
- Have a passionate interest in helping others
In return, you will be part of a fun, supportive and friendly team. We offer a range of benefits including a generous annual leave scheme, paid training, a pension scheme, childcare and eye care voucher scheme, flexible working, employee assistance programme, fitness and social initiatives.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expect all employees to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to Disability Confident Scheme and to equal opportunities therefore we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.
Cases that you may come across:
- MS – Multiple sclerosis
- Speech/ communication
- Cerebral palsy
- Learning difficulties
- Time & Half over time paid (£11.80 p.h)
- £0.45p per Mile (if a car driver)
- Training Provided
- First Aid
- Mental Capacity
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- Risk assessment
- Care plan
- Wound Management
- Management training
- Annual leave provision. 25 days + 8 bank holidays for everyone with 0-5 years’ service and 28 days + 8 bank holidays for employees with 5+ years’ service.
- Child care vouchers
- Onsite discounted Yoga classes and other additional support
- And many more +