Staff Nurse – Supported Living for Adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Issues
Location: Hemlington, Middlesbrough
Salary: £24,814 – £28,329 pa
Hours: 3 Long days/Nights per week – 08:00 – 20:00 / 20:00 – 08:00
We care for and support adults living with a learning disability or autism in specialist hospitals and residential services throughout the UK.
Our purpose is to make a positive difference to the people and their families by delivering person-centred health and social care that helps our service users to fulfil the things they want out of life.
We set high standards for our staff teams and we want people who are compassionate, trustworthy and resilient but most importantly, put the service user at the centre of all they do.
So what will the job involve?
You will undertake work that is meaningful to our service users and socially important within the local community – working for us will provide you with the opportunity to support vulnerable adults with a learning disability who may be on the autistic spectrum or have a personality disorder.
You will have a unique opportunity to get to know our service users in-depth before they take the next step in their care pathway. Your contribution will enable you to observe progress, sometimes working with service users who challenge, while developing your own specialist skills alongside training courses tailored to your personal development.
The main focus of the role will be to provide safe, sound and supportive care to the people who use our service. You will have key working relationships with the multidisciplinary team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, including service users’ families and loved ones.
As a key member of the team, you will contribute to the leadership of the service engaging with Support Workers or Healthcare Assistants within your service.
So what qualifications and attributes do you need?
* We would welcome all applicants that feel they would be able to make a positive difference to people’s lives
* You would need to be a compassionate, understanding and trustworthy
* Valid NMC Pin
* Previous experience would be beneficial
If you are saying yes to the above, and you have an affinity with delivering quality care – we would welcome your application.
- 33 days annual leave
- Length of service awards
- Fully paid comprehensive induction training for all new starters
- Travel assistance to offsite training
- Full Time, Part time and Bank opportunities available
- Pension scheme
- Paid DBS/PVG
- Free on-site parking
- Courtesy meals and refreshments whilst on shift
- Shopping and entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance helpline
- SSSC endorsement in Scotland
- Being passionate about developing our employees, we provide multiple opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and competence matching jobs roles and career aspirations
- A range of apprenticeships through our partnership with Lifetime Training ranging from Adult care level 2 to level 5 leadership & management qualifications.
- Access to RCN eLearning for nurse revalidation purposes.
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.