Sensible Staffing is looking for a Speech Therapist for the below Position
Band: Band 6
Duration: 5 – 6 months
Work Pattern: Mon to Frid
Summary: To support our Schools pathway with some opportunities to work with our early years under 5s pathway as need arises
Additional: Car Driver Not Required
- assess, diagnose, manage and evaluate outcomes for children and young people age 5- 16 years presenting with a range of speech, language, communication difficulties some of which may be highly complex
- To ensure that the service provided is integrated (within the relevant multi/uni disciplinary care pathways), evidence based and delivered in accordance with care pathways/protocols and responsive to the needs of the local population. To gather and update activity data accurately and regularly in accordance with service guidelines.
- To be accountable for own professional actions and the actions of those working under your supervision and guidance and recognise professional boundaries through interpretation of clinical and professional policies at a national and local level.
- To share information with others, regarding the management of specific cases, service developments, observing data protection, confidentiality, guidelines and policies.
- To support education staff in helping children with speech, language and/or communication difficulties to access the curriculum by advising on adaptation needs and contributing to the To use specialist knowledge to independently assess, diagnose, formulate treatment plans, across the full range of speech, language and communication difficulties that may present within the Over 5’s Team, some of these difficulties may be highly complex.
- To use specialist knowledge of the client group to offer advice to colleagues/other professionals within and external to the Trust.
- To communicate complex, condition related, information from assessment and intervention to clients, carers, families and members of the multi-disciplinary team/other professionals, with sensitivity and empathy, taking into account barriers to understanding, emotional, cultural and linguistic factors.
- To negotiate with children/young people and their parents/carers around case management and ensure that they are involved in decision-making and care planning wherever possible.
- To provide impartial advice to children/young people regarding the therapeutic options for care
- To support parents/carers/school staff to understand the child or young person’s needs and how to work to develop their formulation, monitoring and evaluation of individual education plans and targets
If this position sounds of interest please email back or call me direct on 07931757007 Stefan