Senior Finance Manager
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
Hours: Full Time 37.5hpw
Job Type: 3 – 6 Months
The job holder will have specific finance responsibility for a Treatment Centre in the Portsmouth. The role will involve developing good working relationships with the operations team across the relevant operating units and supporting the Hospital Director.
The role will primarily be based at the Treatment Centre with occasional travel to other sites and to Head offices in Reading.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provide finance leadership to operating units, driving enhanced business performance and decision making, supported by the proactive utilisation of financial information and business analysis, and the successful implementation of new projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Key member of the units’ Senior Management Team, providing financial leadership to enable robust strategic decision making.
- Supported by a central management accounting team in Reading, deliver accurate and insightful month end management accounts, variance analysis and commentary – both financial and non-financial.
- Support forecasting and annual budgeting process for operating units, including extensive discussions with operational staff.
- Ownership of management information, deep understanding of activities and drivers
- Ongoing identification & communication of risks & opportunities through general interactions with operations, ad-hoc scenario analyses of commercial opportunities, etc
- Ensuring management, implementation and compliance with financial control policies and processes across the units
- Monitoring of performance against contracted targets.
- Provide day to day finance support to the operational management and teams
CRITERIA ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
* Qualified accountant
* Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
* Demonstrable evidence of predictive and forecast modelling, planning and assisting with strategy
* 1-2 years similar experience
* Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix organisation
Skills and Knowledge
* High competence in relation to usual Microsoft applications e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint
* ‘Technically’ competent and highly skilled in the use of MS Excel
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation complex messages clearly
* Ability to influence key stakeholders
* Health sector background
* Use of Agresso system
* A commitment to providing high quality service
* Wants contact with the business and want to make a genuine business impact.
* Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines
* Thorough and attentive to detail
* Able to use own initiative
* Able to prioritise and manage time effectively
* Proactive self-starter
* Flexible and can-do attitude * Energetic & Enthusiastic
* Desire to make a difference
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Greg, or email email@example.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.