Senior Clinical Pharmacist
Salary: £46,000 – £49,000
Hours: Full Time 37.5hpw
Job Type: Permanent
Dedicated private facility offering expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses provide the highest quality of personalised care, at all stages of treatment for our patients.
We are continually investing in our facilities to make sure our patients have access to the latest treatments and technology, including our advanced radiotherapy and JACIE-accredited bone marrow transplant service.
The post-holder will be a key member of the pharmacy team and will contribute to the efficient running of the dispensaries, and provide a comprehensive, safe and efficient clinical pharmacy service. The work will involve provision of parenteral and oral anti-cancer medication across the inpatient and outpatient settings.
* To provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to inpatients and outpatients, including prescription monitoring, the provision of drug information, medicines reconciliation and patient counselling.
* Participate in discharge planning
* To ensure the safe security and correct storage of medications throughout the unit
* To ensure guidelines are being adhered to in regards to prescribing, supply and administration of medication
* To clinically verify all chemotherapy prescriptions, ensuring clinically appropriate and legally correct
* To assist in running the inpatient and outpatient dispensaries
* To assist with dispensing medications where required
* To final check all dispensed items in line with local guidance
Skills & Experience
* Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
* Extensive hospital pharmacy experience
* Experience in clinical oncology and/or haematology
* Possesses post-graduate diploma or equivalent (desirable)
* Evidence of continuing professional development