Residential Support worker – Acquired brain/spine injuries
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (different contracts to suit)
Salary: 7.93 per hour (NVQ or care certificate) / 7.55 per hour (no experience)
(Approx. £11.80 p.h for hours worked past 37.5 per week – time and a half)
Reports to: Lead Nurse
We are currently recruiting for the leading UK charity that works with disabled people and local communities to achieve social inclusion, empowerment and justice and gives disabled and disadvantaged people a real choice about how they live their lives.
This is a high-dependency care home with nursing care for 21 younger adults, specialising in acquired brain and spinal injury care.
Am I the right person for this role?
- Be flexible and adaptable, with the ability to connect and establish relationship
- Loving and caring individual
- Have knowledge health and safety in the workplace
- Have the ability to interact and identify communication and language needs
- Looking to progress and develop
- Have a passionate interest in helping others
In return, you will be part of a fun, supportive and friendly team. We offer a range of benefits including a generous annual leave scheme, paid training, a pension scheme, childcare and eye care voucher scheme, flexible working, employee assistance programme, fitness and social initiatives.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expect all employees to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to Disability Confident Scheme and to equal opportunities therefore we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.
Cases that you may come across:
- MS – Multiple sclerosis
- Speech/ communication
- Cerebral palsy
- Learning difficulties
- Time & Half over time paid (£11.80 p.h)
- £0.45p per Mile (if a car driver)
- Training Provided
- First Aid
- Mental Capacity
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- Risk assessment
- Care plan
- Wound Management
- Management training
- Annual leave provision. 25 days + 8 bank holidays for everyone with 0-5 years’ service and 28 days + 8 bank holidays for employees with 5+ years’ service.
- Child care vouchers
- Onsite discounted Yoga classes and other additional support
- And many more +
For more information, and a full job specification call Albie on 0208 364 9911 (option.1) / email Albie.Cross@sensible-staffing.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.