Salary: £Competitive plus benefits
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
This role of a TPN Supervisor is accountable for delivering all manufacturing targets for the department within the constraints of the financial budget, and in compliance with the manufacturing license, EHS legislation, customer and company requirements. This includes full compliance with all corporate quality systems, policies and procedures.
In addition, the role will provide technical knowledge and guidance for all aspects of the department’s activities, such as aseptic compounding, facility and equipment management, stock handling, procurement and management of workflow, including the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing tools.
The job holder will have day to day interaction with the compounding Quality team and facility maintenance team on site, and with manufacturing personnel at other UK sites.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Drive results through proactive leadership, coaching and motivation of the manufacturing team.
- Ensure all PMO reviews are completed and all key staff have development plans in place
- Ensure adequately trained personnel are available to meet the needs of the business
- Regularly communicate with all site staff on Business performance, new initiatives and team progress.
- Ensure all staff understands their responsibilities.
- Ensure training is conducted with staff to enable them to complete their jobs in compliance with the company quality systems and country regulations
- Communicates changes to staff, ensuring appropriate training programs are executed.
- Maintain head count and manufacturing spend within the agreed financial budget
- Ensure compliance with all GMP, Regulatory & Corporate requirements.
- Work closely with the QA team to drive process improvements.
- Drive a ‘zero lost time’ injury culture using proactive tools and techniques, (Safety Observations).
- Ensure the manufacturing facility complies with current GMP guidance
- Facilitate daily manufacturing governance meetings
- The job holder will be required to take decisions on prioritising demand requirements ensuring patients and customers receive product on time in full.
Skills and experience:
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing operation at a supervisory level
- Aseptic compounding experience
- Lean manufacturing experience