HM Prison – RGN
Hours: 40 Hours per Week (Days, weekends, odd night)
Salary: £27,405.00 (Less than 2 years experience) or £32,480.00 (More than 2 years experience)
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years.
Main duties of a Prison Nurse
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
Why take this role?
This is a great opportunity for Nurse/Paramedic to secure a permanent position with a private company that will support them through their early stages and enable them to develop as a professional. You will earn a healthy salary and also be entitled to a generous range of employee benefits.
Am I the right person for this role?
- Part 1 NMC/HCPC Registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 – 10 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
Employee Benefits Include
- Generous range of benefits (please get in touch for full list)
For more information/guidance on how to apply, call Reece on 0208 364 9911 (option.4) / email email@example.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.
Key Words: RGN, Registered General Nurse, Prison, Prisons, Substance Misuse, Primary Care, Darlington, County Durham