Role: Primary Care RGN – Prisons
Location: Tyne & Wear (Durham)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Weekdays, Weekends and Nights)
Salary: Up to £29,608
Shifts: Flexible Shift times (earlies, lates, short days, long days)
I am currently recruiting for a Private Healthcare Company. If you are looking for an exciting environment where every day is different then click apply!
Main duties of a Primary Care Prison Nurse RGN
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure professional service Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Undertake assessments of in-mates and referring information to relevant healthcare professional
- Administer medication as prescribed
- Act in accordance with current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
Why take this role as a Primary Care Prison Nurse RGN?
This is a great opportunity for RGN’s to secure a permanent position within a prison environment, with a company that will support you through your career and also offer you a generous range of company benefits
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Albie, or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.
Keywords: RGN, Nurse, Primary Care, Nursing, Durham, HMP, Prison, Private, HMP Durham, Tyne & Ware, Acute, Ward, Hospital.