Pharmacy Dispenser – Non Patient Facing
|£19000 - £20000 per annum
Hours per week: Mon – Fri (8am – 4.30pm and 9.30am – 6pm)
Role Type: Permanent
Role Hours: Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of Objectives: ensure personal targets/objectives are achieved and make a positive contribution to Dispensary function delivering against its OGSM goals
Transcribing, Dispensing and Compliance
- To accurately transcribe prescriptions from the prescriber into electronic format, which in turn will populate the patient medication labels
- Ensure prescriptions meet legal requirements as per guidelines and regulations
- Liaise with prescribers and patients to resolve prescription queries
- To accurately and efficiently pick, dispense and pack medication and ancillary products, in line with all relevant regulatory and Company requirements and procedures, for patients
- To ensure that safe systems of work are practiced with due regard to Health and Safety regulations and pharmaceutical standards
- To perform duties in accordance with specific service contracts
- Ensure medication is safe to supply to the patient
- To process prescriptions efficiently to meet agreed productivity targets
- To effectively rotate between therapies when working whilst maintaining accuracy
- To process prescriptions accurately to allow for the correct production of medication labels and Sales Orders
- To rotate stock, check dates and ensure, as part of the dispensing process, that any issues are brought to the attention of the leadership team
Training & Continuous Improvement
- Maintain professional knowledge base. As part of this there will be an expectation to rotate through relevant departments as required by the business.
- Complete all mandatory training (including passing a validation process) and identify areas for improvement
- Record any near misses or dispensing errors and highlight to the leadership team
- Ensure reflective practices are completed and to implement preventative actions into working practices
- To safely and accurately pack medication and wholesale orders according to the Sales Orders and in line with Packing Competencies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties defined by the leadership team
Qualification and Experience
- Ideally you will have proven experience working within a dispenser with a NVQ level 2 in Pharmacy Dispensing.
- Meticulous and thorough approach to work with an excellent eye for detail
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Able to work as part of a team
- Well-developed communication skills
- Willingness to work in a closed environment with no face to face contact with patients
- Willingness to work in a fairly repetitive role
- Ability to maintain accuracy while working at pace
- Proficient in the use of I.T. systems
Sensible Staffing are fully committed to protecting any personal information that you choose to share with us via our website or through any means of correspondence.
What information do we collect?
Sensible Staffing is part of the Pario Group of companies. At no stage will we disclose your information to a third party company outside of the Pario Group of companies and will use the appropriate security measures to ensure that all data remains private.
This also applies to any correspondence made by fax, phone or email.
We track all visits to our website so that we can monitor usage and preferences to help us provide a better service and online experience for our users. Information we collect relates to referral websites, search engines and your personal IP address. We do not use this information to identify you as an individual and you will remain anonymous.
Cookies are small files stored within your web browser from our website. Cookies do not collect or contain any personal information about you nor do they allow us to access your computer in any way, shape or form.
Please note that in agreeing to share these details you have not forfeited your rights as outlined under the Data Protection Act 1998.