The Microbiologist conducts microbiological tests through the manufacturing process at the plant. The testing impacts across all stages of production within the business and work is pre-determined in accordance with the business needs however you must be flexible to the changing demands in particular when decisions are executed which determine investigations taking place.
In this role, the Microbiologist will have ownership of a function which is rotated every 6 months and within that function you will complete testing, investigations, ensure all documentation is up to date and correct.
You will be part of a flexible and hardworking team. This is a laboratory role and you will spend the majority of the day completing in the laboratory and at the end of the day completing all required documents and paperwork relating to the day’s testing and work completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with senior technologists and/or supervisors to organize their shift and task schedule in accordance with the business needs
- Performs testing using appropriate laboratory equipment and facility
- Lead their assigned line of testing (in rotation) for investigations, continuous improvement, training and troubleshooting requirements
- Participates in any required laboratory investigations to support GMP infrastructure including Sterility Assurance function when required
- Follow Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices in addition to other appropriate regulatory requirements as directed by the management
- Supports and encourages continuous improvements in the laboratories through collaboration with peers
- Ensure following the set EHS and 6S requirements and actively participate in audits.
- Provides support for the supervisor and managers in any reasonable requests relating to the laboratory functions
Skills and Experience
- Microbiologist or a Food Technologist qualification required
- Ideally at least 2 years experience in pharmaceutical or a professional microbiology laboratory
- A high volume bioburden testing experience is preferred
- Ideally you will have sterility testing experience or endotoxin testing experience