Location: East London / Essex
Salary: £55,000 – £65,000 + 5% Bonus + Car Allowance
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5hpw
Job Type: Permanent
To support the Supply Chain in all aspects of logistics’, to ensure we supply the right product, at the right time, and at the right cost whilst maintaining compliance in a regulated environment.
Ensure the logistics activities are efficient by;
* Managing contracts in which distribution and storage is outsourced
* Predominately UK based but oversees as and when required
* Managing contracts in which transportation is outsourced
* Managing and leading the tendering processes for outsourced logistics activities
* Develop strategies to optimise logistics activities across the supply network
* Providing support to the IBP process on outsourced logistics capacity planning
* Ensuring activities are in compliance with Ethypharm Quality systems
* Owning the relationships with Logistics providers
* Exercising judgement and autonomy in own department and when liaising within areas of the business requiring GDP input
* Ensuring that all quality documents are maintained in compliance and updated, these include SOPs, non-conformance and other Quality Documentation
* Developing operational plans for Logistics functions
* Driving continuous improvement in areas of responsibility and contribute to site improvement teams as appropriate.
* Providing leadership and support for business projects as necessary
* Maintaining knowledge of medicinal products traded under the licence and ensure that all necessary checks are completed prior to medicinal products being authorised for sale. Ensure that transactions take place with registered brokers and that all activities are registered.
* Resolving problems or complaints that arise within or impact outsourced logistics activities.
* Tracking KPI’s and metrics for quality, stock in-transit, lead-times, transportation costs and improvement initiatives
* Utilising data analytics methods to assess performance and implement improvements where necessary
* Liaising with outsourced partners on import and export licencing requirements
Main Responsibilities and Duties
* To support supply chain team budgetary targets are met as a minimum
* To work with Procurement to ensure appropriate tendering processes are established and subsequently managed for each outsourced logistics activity.
* Identify and deliver projects bringing about improvements in working practices to eliminate waste and reduce variation in the area.
* Maintain and develop influential working relationship with all key internal customers.
* Effective /efficient involvement in planning and organising of work, meeting all commitments.
* To ensure that weekly and monthly reports on locally agreed metrics, as determined by business needs, are available for timely review.
* To ensure that monthly reports and agreed metrics by third party logistics providers, are available for timely review.
* Work with all Operations & Quality Management teams to agree overall quality improvements and to support these improvements.
* Ensure that all activities within the area of responsibility are undertaken to established standards of cGMP and GDP.
* Foster and actively support a culture of continuous improvement amongst the Supply Chain team, and appropriately reward continuous improvement efforts.
* Ensure that all Deviations and Change Controls are recorded and documented with corrective actions completed to agreed timescales.
* Represent your area where required at Site Quality Review Group.
* Ensure that SOP’s are in place and that all documentation is version controlled, accurate, auditable and stored appropriately.
* Labour and expense planning and resource allocation for any area of direct responsibility.
* Lead and set the culture by managing diversity, change, and personal objectives for any area of direct responsibility
* Maintain training records for self and others within area of responsibility and ensure periodic review of training
Specific Departmental Functions
* To support and advise on current and future requirements in relation to plans and strategies for all areas and their translation into Capital, Expense and Headcount plans.
* To ensure co-ordination of logistics from source and according to INCO terms to support the Business streams.
* Communication of plans/schedules to Employees as required, ensuring that complex information communicated is understood and delivered in a clear and concise manner.
* To support development of area excellence through recruitment, coaching, personal development and reward management.
* Monitor the progress and quality of work within the Logistics function and ensure that measurable targets in the form of KPI’s are fit for purpose, agreed, implemented, reviewed and met by internal and external functions.