International Operations Advisor
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5hpw
Job Type: 6 Month FTC
The role holder is responsible for all operational aspects and customer service within assigned territory(ies) from receipt of order to receipt of payment.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Accurate receipt, acknowledgement and processing of customer orders, including allocation of stock with required shelf life and shipment consolidation where practicable, providing proactive communication to key internal customers (including but not limited to International Sales and Supply Chain).
- Arrange shipment of orders (cold chain and temp tracking, as appropriate), including country specific export documentation, license management and applicable INCOTERMS.
- Ensure shipments are compliant with Global Trade, HMRC and FCPA regulations and shipped in line with Scheduled Sales Order Books and stock availability.
- Process complaints and resolve customer issues as they arise from overseas distributors, laising as needed with the customer and the International Sales function.
- Preparation of Letters of Credit, Home Office Export License applications, other paperwork as may be needed and progress chase, as necessary.
- Liaise with Home Office, HMRC, Freight Forwarders, Legislation bodies and international government bodies to ensure swift receipt of licenses and resolution of shipping and documentation issues.
- Prepare priority product list for weekly planning meetings and feedback outcomes and lead times to customers and International Sales function.
- Collation and submission of quotations and tenders to the International Sales function.
- Calculate customer commissions and raise other credits, as necessary.
- Maintain full contract files including financial and controlled drug records, bills of lading, C of As etc, ensuring documentation is compliant with export regulations and ready for external audit, prior to archive.
- Develop relationships with assigned customers and distributors to assist the International Sales function in achieving their sales objectives.
Experience and Qualifications
Must be literate and numerate, ‘A’ level (or equivalent) educational standard
Minimum 1 year customer service experience
Experience with on-line ordering and inventory systems and/or common software packages
Professional telephone manner and customer focussed