International Commercial Finance Analyst
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5hpw
Job Type: Temp to perm
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager and responsible for the timely delivery of quality management information for commercial decision making and business support for the International business unit. The role will be mainly focused on pricing for new and existing business tenders to help drive profitable revenue growth as well as being responsible for the delivery and consolidation of monthly results, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for the International business unit.
* Business partnering support for International Commercial Director and wider team.
* Prepare financial models to evaluate new and existing market opportunities through business tenders, distribution and licencing agreements advising if financially viable and highlighting risks and opportunities.
* Review International Sales and Margin reporting and prepare analysis, drilling into the drivers behind the results and providing meaningful commentary to variances at various levels by providing insight and understanding of the mechanics of the results and the commercial environment.
* Work with the European finance team responsible for EU licenced partner business, providing a consolidated picture for the global International business.
* Prepare and review the international commercial elements of the monthly reporting packs prior to month close which will include ensuring appropriate journals are posted and variance analysis prepared.
* Maintain the regulatory planning model and ensure alignment to sales forecast.
* Support for Business development opportunities and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
* Challenge, analyse and support the International Commercial team in their decision-making.
* Support and lead the forecasting and budgeting process to agreed timetable of deliverables by co-ordinating with the International commercial team.
* Ensure timely delivery of quality management information reports to International Sales team to enable them to drive improved business performance, mitigating risks and exploiting opportunities.
* Modelling and calculation of sales bonuses, customer rebates and penalties.
* Aware of the wider employee responsibilities to do the right thing for the Company and our customers.
* Assist and support the International team in the preparation and submission of Budget and Forecast information.
* Ensure processes are developed and maintained to deliver robust customer and product profitability information.
* Ensure models are developed to enable trend analysis with key reasons for variances versus Budget/Forecast and Prior Year.
* Continually assess processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the department
* Build knowledge of other departmental duties carried out by commercial finance team to ensure full coverage and flexibility of all roles and deliverables.
* Supports and participates in Learning through the training promise.
* Willingness to work with colleagues and internal and external customers.
Experience and Qualifications
* Recognised accounting qualification, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
* 2 years post-qualified experience in a commercial finance/analyst/business partner role.
Strong MS Excel skills – Lookups, pivots, scenario planning.
Good knowledge of MS Powerpoint and Word.
Financial modelling for tenders.
SAP experience preferred.
Experience within the pharmaceutical, healthcare or life sciences sector.
Able to work cross-functionally to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.