Import Operations Specialist
Salary: £28,000 per annum + Shift allowance (Circa 2k)
Hours: Shifts 7am to 7pm (requirement to work weekends)
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Import Manager
- London Airfreight comprises full gateway service and operation for UK inbound and Transhipping consignments for Southern Region Customers.
- We have a vacancy for an Import Operational Specialist to join a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities to support the overall London Airfreight Import operation.
- Adhere to Customs Compliance procedures and documentation
- Adhere to the Duty & VAT payment policy
- Booking in of shipments to the London Branch using Logis
- Create Customs Entry iterations using the GSC online tool.
- Create delivery notes for Import Operations-controlled accounts
- Ensure the Job File is fully and accurately completed reflecting all commercially relevant information and services provided
- Liaise directly with Carriers and Handling Agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Liaise directly with DGF branches on shipment planning and coordination
- Liaise directly with DGF Transport & Warehouse teams on shipment planning and coordination
- Maintain mandatory milestones and remarks through Logis
- Manage allocated customers against agreed SOP
- Manage Customs Entry exceptions with the Customer Services team
- Manage iteration exceptions directly with the GSC
- Manage shipments owned by Import Operations
- Manage the timely movement of shipment documentation to London Customer Services
- Review and Transmit Customs Entry records via the Impatex tool
- Use Logis to create, manage and maintain London Airfreight shipments
- Update GCCS with all required inputs including root cause and solution when assigned
- Support the measurement of Key Performance Indicators
- Contribute to the First Choice continuous improvement program
- Participate in the Weekly Team briefing sessions
- Complete all statutory and mandatory training
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of HMRC procedures essential.
- Experience in / Knowledge of transport planning
- Commercial awareness essential.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken) essential
- Ability to follow processes essential
- Ability to support a culture of continuous improvement
- Inter-personal skills – Influencing, communication, relationship management, cultural awareness and ability to work across teams
- Knowledge of Freight Forwarding industry: imports, exports and related processes desirable
- Two or more years’ experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above – or equivalent desirable
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.