Head of Healthcare (6 Months FTC)
Location: North East of England
Hours: Mon – Fri (6 Months FTC)
Salary: £49k – £59k
The Head of Healthcare will be accountable for the operational delivery of prison healthcare services provided by my client and its subcontractors into 2 prisons and will be the CQC registered manager for my client’s services contract. This will also include working with the prison and partners to coordinate healthcare provision and ensure appropriate governance and quality assurance processes are in place. Develop and maintain compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines. Manage the service within its financial framework. Ensure that community service delivery models meet the needs of patients and deliver improved outcomes for patients across patient pathways. Work with a number of partners and stakeholders in the development and delivery of the Drug Recovery Prison strategy.
- Provide operational management and leadership to the prison clinical teams and visiting professionals.
- Provide coordination and oversight of multi-agency partnerships and work effectively with other prisons and secondary care providers across the region
- Manage and contribute to the development of healthcare services within the prison to establish an equivalence of care to that of the NHS, operating within prison service standards Prison Service Instructions, National Service Frameworks & NICE guidance
- Link and contribute to the strategic planning & development for North East Offender Health and contribute to the development of my clients healthcare services
- Ensure effective and constructive working relationships and exercise accountability to both my and the Governing Governor.
- Ensure appropriate quality assurance processes are in place.
- Establish and facilitate links with appropriate providers of educational and training programmes assisting in the development of learning placements.
- To be flexible to the needs of the service and partnership organisations.
- Provide cross-cluster prison healthcare management support in the absence of peers and deputise for the Regional Director when required.
- Contribute to providing senior management support and advice to the North East Offender Health out of hours via a formal on-call system. Developing, implementing and monitoring ongoing development of services.
- Liaison with appropriate stakeholders to support the ongoing development of Offender Health.
- Producing informative and detailed reports and presentations that represent the complexity of the environment and situations and include proactive corrective action planning, working to tight deadlines.
- Participate in multi-agency performance and quality assurance processes.
- Facilitating and promoting the development of a multi-skilled and flexible workforce.
- Developing new systems, roles and models and pathways of care delivery.
- Undertake clinical audit of nursing practice in line with agreed audit schedules
- The post holder will contribute to both CQC and NOMS joint inspections
- Contribute to continuously improving the patient experience through effective patient engagement and quality initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Registered nurse or equivalent healthcare qualification.
- Appropriate equivalent management experience within a clinical environment
- Senior leadership experience and ability to operate within a complex delivery environment
- Knowledge of current issues within healthcare and new models of care within primary care and substance misuse
- Car driver
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Reece, or email on 02083649911
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.
Key Words: RGN, Registered General Nurse, Manager, Managerial, RMN, Mental Health Nurse, Prison, Head of Healthcare.