Head of Custody
40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Salary – £55,000 – £60,000
Company car or £415 monthly allowance
The main functions of the Head of Custody are:
- To ensure that the services for which the post holder is responsible for are delivered within budget.
- To ensure customer expectations are met with regards to clinical, performance and governance standards in accordance with contractual obligations and professional standards set both internally and in accordance with external bodies. + More
- Lead and motivate colleagues, in order to ensure efficient achievement of ALL contractual requirements, so that customer expectations are continually met or exceeded.
- Lead local and service-wide governance arrangements to ensure delivery of a safe, fully compliant and patient-centred service
- Ensure continuous improvement planning of services within remit and share ideas/options for areas across whole business.
- Ensure all operating practices and procedures are adhered to so that a safe and secure working environment is provided for employees.
- Respond to any problem or issues within area of management, liaising where necessary with other departments or other agencies to ensure these are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Management of critical incidents and complaints and act/prioritise matters as appropriate.
- Ensure all internal and external quality, audit and compliance recommendations/plans are implemented and acted upon as recommended by the appropriate department/body.
- Provide and produce reports, documents and information on a regular and ad-hoc basis, as required by internal and external stakeholders so that management and others are fully appraised, ensuring informed decisions can be made
- Identify, share and cascade any lesson’s learnt within the organisation to ensure future improvements.
- Manage matters of performance, discipline and coaching as applicable for teams within your remit and support meetings for other areas of the business as required.
- Provide clinical leadership, supervision and reevaluation as required for team.
- Monitor competitors to identify potential threats and opportunities.
- Support bid submissions and contract mobilisations as requested.
- Registered Nurse on Part 1 of the NMC register or Registered Paramedic.
- Experience of working within a Custody environment
- Proven experience of working within a large healthcare organisation setting at a senior level.
- Experience of matrix management.
- Experience of managing the professional development of the workforce as well as shaping the future workforce.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills; to balance multiple demands in a complex and changing environment.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills, being able to persuade the benefits of change and improvement and drive them.
- Creative, supportive and enthusiastic but able to make decisions quickly and in a measured fashion.
- Able to balance multiple demands or considerations to form the right approach for clients, the company and staff.
If you are interested or would like to receive more information please contact me on 0208 364 9911 and choose option 4 and ask for Andrew Tsangaris or email Andrew on Andrew.Tsangaris@sensible-staffing.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.