Forensic Healthcare Professional (Police Custody Nurse/Paramedic)
Hours: 42 hours per week (07:00 – 19:00/19:00 – 07:00) 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off
Salary: £33,000 per annum
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years.
Main duties of a Police Custody Nurse/Paramedic
- Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Determination of fitness to be detained in custody
- Determination of fitness to be released
- Determination of fitness to be charged (competent to understand charge)
- Determination of fitness to be interviewed by the police detaining body
- Advise that an independent person is required to ensure rights for the vulnerable or mentally disordered
- Assessment of alcohol and drug intoxication and withdrawal and to retrieve blood samples under the Road Traffic Act
- Examine victims and assailants in alleged police assaults
Why take this role?
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Nurse/Paramedic to secure a challenging permanent position with a private company that will support them through their early stages and enable them to develop as a professional. You will earn a healthy salary and also be entitled to a generous range of employee benefits.
Am I the right person for this role?
- Must have 2 years of post NMC registration experience
- Must have been a resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years
- Must have relevant experience (e.g. A&E, Ambulance, Prisons etc.)
- Must be flexible for shift times stated above
- Must be experienced dealing with challenging individuals
- Must be able to take bloods
Employee Benefits Include
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Comprehensive training
- High street discounts
- Child Care vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
For more information/guidance on how to apply, call Reece on 0208 364 9911 (option.4) / email email@example.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.
Keywords: RGN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Paramedic, HCP, Healthcare Professional, Offender health, Custody, Police, Assessing, Triage, Medication administration, A&E, ICU, Acute