Role: Forensic Healthcare Professional (Police Custody RGN/Paramedic)
Reports to: Custody Clinical Lead
Sensible Staffing are currently recruiting RGN’s/Paramedics to work within a Police Custody setting in the Torquay area for a reputable private company who not only offer a healthy salary and benefits, but also lots of training programs to take advantage of!
- Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Determination of fitness to be detained in custody
- Determination of fitness to be released
- Determination of fitness to be charged (competent to understand charge)
- Determination of fitness to transfer
- Determination of fitness to be interviewed by the police detaining body
- Advise that an independent person is required to ensure rights for the vulnerable or mentally disordered
- Assessment of alcohol and drug intoxication and withdrawal and to retrieve blood samples under the Road Traffic Act
- Documentation of injuries
- Assess and treat personnel injured while on duty (e.g. police personnel),including needle stick injuries
- Examine victims and assailants in alleged police assaults
- Must have 2 years of post NMC registration experience
- Must have been a resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years
- Must have relevant experience (e.g. A&E, Ambulance, Prisons etc.)
- Must be flexible for shift times stated above
- Must be experienced dealing with challenging individuals
- Must be able to take bloods
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Reece Hempstead.
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.
Key Words: RGN, Registered General Nurse, Paramedic, Acute, Police, Custody, Police Station.