Forensic Healthcare Professional (Police Custody Nurse/Paramedic)
Location: Avon & Somerset
Hours: 42 hours per week (07:00 – 19:00/19:00 – 07:00) 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off
Salary: £33,000 per annum
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years.
Main duties of a Police Custody Nurse/Paramedic
- Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Determination of fitness to be detained in custody
- Determination of fitness to be released
- Determination of fitness to be charged (competent to understand charge)
- Determination of fitness to be interviewed by the police detaining body
- Advise that an independent person is required to ensure rights for the vulnerable or mentally disordered
- Assessment of alcohol and drug intoxication and withdrawal and to retrieve blood samples under the Road Traffic Act
- Examine victims and assailants in alleged police assaults
Why take this role?
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Nurse/Paramedic to secure a challenging permanent position with a private company that will support them through their early stages and enable them to develop as a professional. You will earn a healthy salary and also be entitled to a generous range of employee benefits.
Am I the right person for this role?
- Must have 2 years of post NMC registration experience
- Must have been a resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years
- Must have relevant experience (e.g. A&E, Ambulance, Prisons etc.)
- Must be flexible for shift times stated above
- Must be experienced dealing with challenging individuals
- Must be able to take bloods
Employee Benefits Include
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Comprehensive training
- High street discounts
- Child Care vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more information then please call Jordan on 0208 364 9911. Alternatively you can email me on email@example.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.