Endoscopy Lead Theatre Practitioner
Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week
We have an opportunity for a Endoscopy Lead Theatre Practioner to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy Theatre. In a leading private hopsital group.
Main duties & Responsibilities
- Be accountable for providing leadership and clinical expertise to endoscopy trained staff to ensure the delivery of safe and effective care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures
- Provide expert knowledge, leadership and support the implementation and maintenance of Joint Advisory Group (JAG) accreditation and continuous development of global rating scale (GRS)
- Facilitate and drive improvement in essential quality requirements and Best Practice standards for flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care
- Work collaboratively with the Theatre Manager to deliver an effective and safe endoscopy service within the theatre department
Why take this role?
This is a great opportunity for an Endoscopy Lead Theatre Practioner to secure a permanent position with a private company that will support them through their early stages and enable them to develop as a professional. You will earn a healthy salary and also be entitled to a generous range of employee benefits, also being part of an amazing team.
- Work with others to deliver a quality, safe endoscopy service
- Provide skilled assistance to the Consultant during an endoscopy procedure
- Lead the optimisation of endoscopy utilisation, taking action with regards underutilisation of lists as appropriate
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the safe delivery of flexible endoscope decontamination, prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors
- Be aware of and comply with all decontamination, infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates
- Ensure any incidents or complaints are fully documented, investigated and reported
- Act as a role model and mentor to staff providing advice and support to others to promote good practice consistent with legislation, best practice and policies
- Enable and encourage team members to expand and develop their own competencies
- Delegate responsibility and tasks to others who have the ability to deliver the desired results, which makes optimum use of colleague’s abilities while providing learning opportunities.
- Ensure staff, stakeholders participate in regular communication related to service development and improvement
- Communicate business decisions to staff and Consultants in a positive and supportive manner and lead on initiatives, which directly influence and affect the department
- Coordinate and contribute to continuous service and practice improvement including audit, patient experience survey, review of incidents and complaints and newly issued guidance
- Evaluating their implementation to maintain and enhance service delivery
Employee Benefits Include:
- 25 Days paid Annual leave + Bank holidays
- Defined Contribution Pension scheme up to 4.5% matched by employer
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Bi-Annual Health Screening
- Family and Friends Discount on Services
- 24-7 Counselling program
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Yasin, or email Yasin.firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.