Sensible Staffing are recruiting a Custody Nurse or Paramedic (HCP) in the Bridgewater area, our client has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, they provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
As a Custody Nurse or Paramedic (HCP), you will:
- Attend police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody
- Carry out medical and forensic examinations
- Be available for court attendance when requested
Essential Skills for a Custody Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
- HCPC Paramedic or Registered General Nurse with at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Ability to take blood samples
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
- Experience in an autonomous/ lone working role
- Recent Acute experience
Our client offers excellent benefits
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- O2 Discounts: Discounts on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- And many more……..
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.