Commercial Business Manager
Location: Field Based
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 + Benefits
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
The Commercial Business Manager (CBM) team is responsible for delivering a P&L of >$120m across Fluid Systems (in partnership with the Fluid Systems sales team), Generic Pharmaceuticals and Inhaled Anaesthesia.
Given the large commercial value of the portfolio and the “light touch” sales and marketing support for Generic Pharmaceuticals and Anaesthesia, these roles carry a unique amount of autonomy with each CBM challenged to maximize their own impact to the team financial target through;
- Management of relevant stakeholders and customer groups. These include but are not limited to, key NHS Trusts, Strategic NHS Customers (e.g. PMSG, NPSG & CMU) and Procurement collaboratives.
- Negotiation of IV volumes, pricing and commercial terms optimal to the company across relevant national frameworks
- Responsible for managing the National Anaesthesia budget number of >$16M
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of defined Commercial Objectives, focusing on 2-3 Wildly Important Goals that will most influence sales and profitability of Fluid Systems, Generic Pharmaceuticals and Anaesthesia businesses.
- Application of Matrix Management skills (“influence without authority”) to gain internal agreement on management approach to relevant accounts and customer groups. These could include NHS Trusts, Strategic NHS Customers (e.g. PMSG,NPSG, CMU) , Private Hospital Groups, Wholesalers, Third Party Service Providers or Non-NHS, Non-Hospital B2B customers.
- Consistently demonstrate Negotiation excellence in all interactions with target customers and service providers, working to a clearly articulated Negotiating Plan agreed with relevant internal stakeholders.
- The CBM team works to a shared, team financial goal. This is central to the ethos of the team and therefore requires that each CBM is aware of and proactively supports their colleagues in achievement of their objectives.
- Projects and objectives to be selected and measured based upon financial impact; CBM owns responsibility for the necessary financial analysis, metric selection and tracking. Ability to independently analyse financial data and make decisions based on this data is essential.
- Demonstrable experience working in a relevant generic pharmaceutical or healthcare sales/marketing role. Relevant pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience in Contracts or Bid Management considered.
- Demonstrated success in Negotiation as opposed to Sales, i.e. securing a desirable commercial outcome through either applying leverage or trading concessions as opposed to persuasion.
- Demonstrated success in driving a Sales or Profitability metric, either directly or as part of a project team.
- Demonstrated success contributing to or ideally leading complex sales processes, selling to multiple stakeholders, with a measurable financial win secured.
- Matrix management experience; can demonstrate the ability to “influence without authority” internally to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated success contributing to or ideally leading tender bid submissions.
- Business or Life Sciences degree.
- Experience managing pharmaceutical and medical device wholesalers, distributors and other B2Bs.
- Experience managing and negotiating commercial contracts with Private Hospital Groups.
- Experience selling a service or negotiating an operational service element into a complex commercial agreement (e.g. defining service KPIs and related tracking/penalties).
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Josh, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.