Specialist Clinical Pharmacist
Salary: £39,000 – £44,000 + Benefits
Hours: Full Time 9am – 5pm
Job Type: Permanent
Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join and contribute to the development of the pharmacy service. This Hospital is a dedicated private cancer unit, specialising in haematological cancer and stem cell transplant.
The post-holder will be a key member of the pharmacy team and will contribute to the efficient running of the dispensaries, and provide a comprehensive, safe and efficient clinical pharmacy service. The work will involve provision of parenteral and oral anti-cancer medication across the inpatient and outpatient settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to inpatients and outpatients, including prescription monitoring, the provision of drug information, medicines reconciliation and patient counselling
- Participate in discharge planning & to maintain a supply of prescribed medications to inpatients
- To clinically verify all chemotherapy prescriptions, ensuring clinically appropriate and legally correct
- To liaise with medical, nursing staff and other healthcare professionals to ensure patients are provided with gold standard care and advice, particularly regarding any pharmaceutical issues
- To ensure that hospital policies relating to medicines use are promoted and followed within the department and to actively monitor and promote safe use of medicines.
- To assist in running the inpatient and outpatient dispensaries
- To assist with dispensing medications where required
- To final check all dispensed items in line with local guidance
- To ensure economical ordering of stock
- To receive and supply controlled drugs in line with legal and local guidelines
Skills and Experience
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Hospital pharmacy Experience
- Experience in clinical oncology and/or haematology
- Possesses post-graduate diploma or equivalent (desirable)