Salary: £27,500 + Benefits
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Experience: Previous Technician roles (NVQ3)
To provide accurate final checking and technical assistance in the registered pharmacies. Ensuring the safe and efficient processing of prescriptions and requisitions through the Dispensary.
1. Delivery of Objectives: ensure personal targets/objectives are achieved and make a positive contribution to Dispensary function delivering against its OGSM goals.
Dispensing and Labelling:
2. To participate in the timely, accurate and cost-effective labelling and dispensing of medication this may include oncology and unlicensed medicines.
3. As an accredited accuracy checking technician (ACT), to carry out the final check of the dispensing process.
4. To record any near-miss and dispensing errors, bringing errors to the attention of the Dispenser involved.
5. To ensure the correct storage and handling of pharmaceuticals.
6. To perform duties associated with the control and management of prescriptions according to approved procedures to ensure compliance with legislation and specific guidance published by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.
7. To ensure that safe systems of work are practiced with due regard to all relevant external and internal regulations.
8. To perform duties in compliance with specific service contracts.
Training and Improvement:
9. To assist with the induction, training and development of staff working within the section/department to ensure that best practice is followed and the highest levels of quality maintained
10. To be proactive in identifying risks, problems or issues and raising them with the Dispensary Operations Supervisors.
11. Complete all mandatory training and maintain CPD to ensure GPhC registrations is continued.
12. Flexibility around shift, weekend and late working.
13. To carry out any other reasonable duties defined by the Dispensary Supervisor commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job.
Experience /Qualifications Required & Desirable:
– Appropriate pharmaceutical qualification – i.e. BTEC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
– Appropriate Accuracy Checking qualification approved by the Company
– Registered with the GPhC and completion of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as per Society guidelines
– At least two years post-qualification experience or the ability to demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge
– Experience working as a technician in a hospital or community pharmacy
– Experienced in working to policies and procedures
– Experience in deputising for more senior staff
– Experience in using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
Desired Experience/ Qualifications
– A1 Work Based assessor
– Experience in setting up new working practices or procedures
– Experience of managing other grades of staff