Accuracy Checking Technician
Hours: Monday to Friday (Rotating shifts)
Job Type: Permanent
This role is an essential part in the DU’s dispensing process. The person who holds this position is responsible for the final check/release of medicinal products prior to packing and dispatch to patient. This is an exciting and vital role within the business and candidates will be expected to:
- To provide effective checking of medicinal items, checking of ancillary items and printing of delivery notes using the Navision computer system.
- To provide professional input in the dispensing unit, in accordance with the GPhC code of ethics.
- To resolve pharmaceutical issues that may arise within the Operations team / Central Pharmacy / Dispensing Unit.
As the candidate is responsible for the final check/release of dispensed medication, a high
Level of accuracy and attention to detail is expected. Candidates are expected to partake in
- The promotion of pharmacy advice to the business units. Support the work of Pharmacy Assistants & Technicians.
- Dispensing within the regional business unit.
- Checking of medicinal items prior to dispatch.
- Work within the team to facilitate self and colleagues’ professional development.
- Use Navision to produce delivery notes for items to be dispatched.
- Apply clinical/technical knowledge to problem solving.
- Liaise with Operations team and Transport to ensure urgent deliveries can be made to patients at short notice.
- Assist with the recording and reporting of adverse drug reactions.
- Act as a mentor for new staff within the dispensing unit as required
- To partake in the collation and analysis of errors across within DU
- To carry out audits as required by the senior pharmacy team
- Resolve delivery discrepancies and complete resolution logs as required
- To ensure that all documentation is correctly filed.
- Attend compulsory training sessions eg: pharmacovigilance and therapy training
Qualifications, Training & Experience
GCSE English & Maths or equivalent
Pharmacy Technician qualification (NVQ Level 3)
Dispensing experience in a high turnover dispensary
Experience of working in a hospital pharmacy
Working knowledge of GPhC guidelines
Competent in the use of Microsoft Word & Excel
Effective written & verbal communicator
Excellent telephone manner
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to be focused and meet tight deadlines