Accuracy Checking Technician
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: £26,795 plus Benefits
Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5hpw
Job Type: Permanent
Main Job Purpose
Support the homecare pharmacists in the day to day formulation, dispensing, ordering and supply of products for homecare patients.
- To dispense and check medicinal products from the Pharmacy eg. Prescriptions for Homecare TPN and ancillaries and Avitum home dialysis patients.
- To set up and check homecare PN formulations and TransCare and Avitum prescriptions, liaising with referring prescribers as appropriate.
- To support the Superintendent Pharmacist with maintenance of the pharmacy system and procedures and staff training.
- To support the Responsible Pharmacist in dealing with day-to-day queries and issues.
- To contribute to on-going quality improvement eg. Reporting of errors, near-misses, complaints and incidents. Participation in in-house training.
- To act in a professional manner at all times to promote a positive image of the company.
- To ensure reports from customers relating to product quality complaints or adverse drug reactions are documented and the essential minimum information is collected and forwarded to the Regulatory Affairs Department the same day they are received.
- To deal with other duties and responsibilities which do not change the nature of the post.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of GMP
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the importance of SOP’s
- Works to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Experience and Qualifications
- BTEC NC Pharmacy Services/NVQ Level 3 pharmacy services or equivalent
- Registration with GPhC
- Accredited Checking Technician (ACT) or equivalent
- Aseptic manufacture and / or dispensing of Parenteral Nutrition and Intravenous Additives. (Desirable)
- Working in clean rooms, LAFC’s or Isolators (Desirable)
- Dispensary and/or hospital pharmacy experience