Accuracy Checking Technician
Salary: £25,000 – £26,000
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Pharmacy
A key member of the Specialist Pharmacy team ensuring a highly responsive and accurate service for all medicines dispensed through the Pharmacy. If registered, may act as the Responsible pharmacist overseeing the dispensing process of licensed and unlicensed medicines, replenishing stocks and responding to patient / prescriber queries as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all prescriptions dispensed from the Pharmacy.
- Will work efficiently and according to GPhC guidelines and SP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) day to day.
- May respond to queries from prescribers / patients if incorrect product is received.
- May provide some basic clinical advice and expertise to prescribers and patients, referring the more complex queries to the Operational Support / Chief Pharmacist as required.
- Ensure confidentiality of patient and SP is maintained as required by the Data Protection Act.
- Work closely with the Chief Pharmacist / Head of Pharmacy & Production to identify the root cause analysis and adopt the correct reflective measures when dealing with a near miss / dispensing error to help improve professional and pharmacy practise.
- May act as the Responsible Pharmacist (if registered)
- Remain up to date with key SP communications and personal professional development.
- Understand and support the Head of Pharmacy & Production with the delivery of KPIs and objectives.
- Responsible for partaking in any other activity/task not listed that is required within the scope of the role.
Experience & Requirements:
- Must be qualified as an ACT
- Ideally will be registered with the GPhC with some dispensing experience.
- A good knowledge of hormones is desirable
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of SP.
- Excellent keyboard skills including experience of working with PMR
- Good communication skills required for interacting with doctors, patients, colleagues
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Good team player.