Pharmacy Dispenser/Pharmacy Technician
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
The Ideal candidate must have experience of working within a busy dispensary environment. Hospital medication management experience would be ideal.
The ideal candidate must also be able to driver and have a valid drivers license and access to own vehicle is an essential. You will:
- Be willing to work in a hospital dispensary and ward based jobs off site and on site
- To help manage the running of the Dispensary on a day-to-day basis effectively.
- To understand all Dispensary and work according to in house SOPs
- To comply with the company policy at all times (company polices will change from time to time and you will be expected to adhere to them)
- Understand and manage the repeat PCS system effectively and contribute to making sure this runs smoothly on a day to basis. To check this at the end of each week to make sure everything has been filed and entered into the diary correctly as a double measure.
- To effectively manage the Pro script system, making sure patient details are stored correctly on the system and to carry out a back up every evening.
- To make sure you are able to order the correct items for each patient each month keeping a note on the patients file as to what they need and to call them if necessary to verify what they need and what they don’t need.
- To become aware of the ordering system making sure that ordering is always cost effective and cheapest brands are ordered.
- To leave clear and concise notes for the managers throughout and at the end of the day
- Making sure all scripts are endorsed correctly and filed correctly once completed.
- To be able to look after our care homes and dispense, rack, label and correctly process MAR charts for them.
- To build a good relationship with the Care homes and Surgeries and hospitals and to keep on top of their emergency requests daily, and to inform management of this on a daily basis.
- Sending out reminders to homes to order their repeats, collections of prescriptions and collection of racks on a monthly basis.
- To be able to carry out hospital and site visits on a regular basis.
- To be able to communicate effectively with our organisations.
- To keep on top of all faxed prescriptions and ordering of medications on a day to day basis
- To be able to effectively manage stock in the dispensary and keep on top of ordering and suggesting what we should keep in as emergency stock.
- To sort out day to day queries that the pharmacists give to you
- To become aware of how our Hospitals operate and to manage stock prescriptions and named patients prescriptions on a daily basis.
- To effectively manage clozapine and understand the SOPs and the ordering of clozapine.
- Must be willing to drive and travel to hospital locations and care home locations on a regular basis
- To have a good understanding of word/excel and powerpoint
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Greg, or email Greg.firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.