Salary: £21,909 – £28,462 per annum (Dependant on experience)
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Report to: Dispensary Manager
Purpose of the role
* To work as part of the Pharmacy team to provide an effective pharmacy service in the Pharmacy Dispensary, at Ward Level and to support the dispensing of out-patient prescriptions.
* To work, as an Accredited Checking Technician, Medicine Management Technician, completing Clinical Checks and Counselling patients with their medicines.
* To participate in the on-call rota
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To participate as a team member to deliver a ward based pharmacy service in the Trust to:
* Prioritise the work at ward level and work with the dispensary to meet deadlines.
* Liaise daily with ward staff to determine new admissions to ward
* Visit new admissions and check, for use, Patients Own Drugs
* Check patients own medications and assess their suitability for use following set criteria
* Liaise with Pharmacist, to ensure all charts are clinically validated, including new patients and newly written items
* Transcribe in-patient, stock items and ‘one stop’ dispensed items, ensure validation is carried out by the pharmacist.
* Counsel patients, ensure patient is counselled on the appropriate use of each new medication prescribed and discharge medication, following criteria, refer to the pharmacist if necessary.
* Endorse drug chart against set criteria.
* Participate in Drug History Taking following set criteria
* Liaise with ward staff/doctors regarding patient discharge planning.
* Ensure each patient has at least 14 days To Take Away (TTA) medication for discharge.
* Clinically pre-screen prescriptions, following clinical accreditation and feed back to pharmacist, highlighting any safety concerns.
* Ensure effective and accurate communications with clinical pharmacists regarding concerns and discrepancies.
* Assist in the provision of seamless care by providing pharmaceutical information to other healthcare workers and patients.
* NVQ Level 3 and BTEC or equivalent qualification in Pharmaceutical Science.
* Ability to complete regional Accredited Checking Technician scheme
* Two years post qualification experience.
* Ability to complete regional Medicine Management Accreditation
* Ability to complete NVQ A1 Assessor award
* Current registration as Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
* Computer Literate.
* Hospital Pharmacy Experience.
* Meticulous to Detail.
* Good Thinking & Reasoning Skills.
* Good Communication Skills, both written and oral.
* Good team player, with ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
* Good time management skills.
* Ability to communicate on all levels.
* Ability to work with other healthcare workers of all levels.
* Ability to develop role and service.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Reflective skills.
* Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
* Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload.
* Effective Customer service skills – able to work to meet the needs of customers of the department and meet the standards of the Trust Code of Conduct at all times.
* Enthusiastic with a positive response to change.
* Pleasant and Cheerful.
* Good attendance record.
* Commitment to continuing professional development.
* Flexible with in the work place.
* Available to work 5 out of 7 days.
* Regional Technician Self Development Scheme.
* Supervisory Experience.
* Good training aptitude.
* Car Owner/Driver