Salary: £25,056-£29,011 + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent
|We are looking for a highly motivated team member who will be able to work both independently and as part of a team. The right candidate will be able to effectively deliver services for the day-to-day running of the dispensary, working under the direct supervision of a Senior Pharmacy Technician and receiving Pharmacist support. The candidate must have a flexible approach to work, be able to adapt in new situations and be willing to learn aspects of all departments within pharmacy.
|Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team work, helping to create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Liaise with the Senior Pharmacy Technician in all aspects of the department.
- Independently provide a dispensing service to both in / out patients using the Meditech dispensing system under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Be able to provide patient medication counselling.
- Supply stock medications to outpatient and GP clinics
- Ensure adequate stock levels are ordered to maintain our work load.
- Take responsibility for dealing with patient account queries
- Ensure correct and prompt charging / invoicing for patients as required.
- Participate in departmental audit activities.
- Assist in project work under the supervision of the Senior Pharmacy Technician
- Maintain accurate record keeping.
- Provide support for day to day purchasing using Medecator.
- Maintain and control stock levels for both the pharmacy and wards.
- Accurately check off deliveries against delivery notes, process claims for missing/incorrect items and returns.
- Be involved in stock rotation, cycle counts and routine expiry date checks both within the pharmacy and on the wards.
- Provide an efficient, accurate and economical ward top-up service according to hospital protocol
- Check expiry dates and stock holdings on the floors/departments on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the ward pharmacist in order to provide an optimum pharmacy service to the ward.
- Achieve, maintain and develop appropriate pharmacy technical expertise, skills and knowledge.
- Participate in the orientation and training of technical staff and non-clinical hospital staff as required.
- Assist with the maintenance and recording of any emergency boxes, as required.
- Participate in the rota system including weekend, early and late shifts if required.
- Ensure that drugs are stored safely and securely according to the corporate medication policy and hospital protocol
- Ensure correct and safe disposal of all unwanted medication.
Skills & Experience:
- Pharmacy NVQ3, BTech or equivalent
- Registration with General Pharmaceutical Council
- Good spoken and written English
- Excellent customer services skills
- Desirable 2 years’ experience post qualification as above, hospital experience preferable but not essential for the right candidate
- Computer literate preferably with experience of Meditech and Medecator systems
- Desirable to hold ACPT accreditation or working towards achieving qualification.
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Greg, or email Greg.email@example.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.
Sensible Staffing are fully committed to protecting any personal information that you choose to share with us via our website or through any means of correspondence.
What information do we collect?
Sensible Staffing is part of the Pario Group of companies. At no stage will we disclose your information to a third party company outside of the Pario Group of companies and will use the appropriate security measures to ensure that all data remains private.
This also applies to any correspondence made by fax, phone or email.
We track all visits to our website so that we can monitor usage and preferences to help us provide a better service and online experience for our users. Information we collect relates to referral websites, search engines and your personal IP address. We do not use this information to identify you as an individual and you will remain anonymous.
Cookies are small files stored within your web browser from our website. Cookies do not collect or contain any personal information about you nor do they allow us to access your computer in any way, shape or form.
Please note that in agreeing to share these details you have not forfeited your rights as outlined under the Data Protection Act 1998.