Hours: Part time 30 hours per week (Flexible)
Job Type: Permanent
To carry out a range of dispensary duties to support the pharmacy home delivery service. This will involve dispensing in both the homecare and product business & prescription management in the pharmacy.
- To understand the importance of dispensing duties in accordance with pharmacy legislation. To check all items for homecare against what has been dispensed including products that don’t require a label.
- To ensure the labelling is in accordance with standards as laid down by company SOPs and relevant legislation.
- To label items for home patients, when assembled, before the final accuracy check is made.
- To be alert for shortfalls in labels and product and to inform the pharmacist or pharmacy technicians about it.
- To make a product check before placing the labels on the products.
- To count loose items on patients’ orders.
- To enter picking errors on the pick note and alert the checker to incorrectly picked products.
- To create, check and print new prescriptions for home dialysis patients, present to pharmacist for checking and then fax to hospitals when required.
- To enter errors found on the relevant error log.
- To contact hospitals, when required to chase up prescriptions.
- To assist in the management of Amgen and home dialysis prescription repeats
- To update SAP computer system with prescription details.
- To enter Amgen repeat prescriptions on SAP.
- To complete the monthly Amgen repeat prescription report process.
- To comply with all SOPs applicable to the pharmacy areas.
- To be involved in all aspects of prescription management in the pharmacy. Responsibilities will include collection and processing of post, processing repeats, daily filing, stock count, hospital count up’s ready for KPI reporting.
- To report and issues arising immediately to technicians or pharmacists.
- Educated to GCSE level
- NVQ Level 2 in Pharmacy Service Skills or undertaking this qualification
- Computer literate
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to maintain concentration
- Good communication skills: essential to liase between interacting departments
- Being able to work with a team and also use own initiative as part of the defined role
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Greg, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.