Role: Palliative Care Nurse
Location: East London
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Salary: £24,000 + 30-40% shift enhancements.
The main duties of a Palliative Care Nurse are to work in this well known Health Care Company, treating patients and delivering a high standard of patient care. As part of this you will:
- Take responsibility for the care of children during the working shift
- Develop recreational activities with assistance from the Play Specialist and provide stimulation for the children
- To work alongside families to assess and evaluate plans of care in order to meet the needs of the child individually
- Take the correct action to any safeguarding issues
- Take responsibility for the storing, transcribing and administration of medicines ensuring that the medication policy is followed and that prescribed medication is only given as directed
- Record the children’s activities and general health status and update the care plan daily
- Liaise with other members of staff and keep the shift lead informed to enable the passing on of information at shift changes
- Provide telephone advice to families
- Take part in the discharge planning and with other professionals involved in the care of the child
- Act as a mentor for the new member of the Care Team
- Attend meeting and training as and when required
Why take this role?
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right Palliative Care Nurse to expand and develop their career working in a unique and challenging environment where you can reach your full potential and feel truly rewarded at the end of the day, with a company who will support you through your professional development.
Am I the right person for this role?
The new Palliative Nurse will need to be RNC/RNLD registered and have experience for caring for children and families with complex health needs and understand the benefit and impact of play