Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor
Salary: £32,000 – £38,000 per annum
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
- Part of the laboratory team responsible for the effective management of the Quality Control Laboratory in order to meet customer requirements both internally and externally and ensure all laboratory practices meet regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Provide microbiological expertise to the site, including sterility assurance expertise.
- Ensure effective resource management, delivering continuous improvement through the implementation of LEAN techniques and appropriate new technology.
Management of the Quality Control Laboratory in the:
- Leadership and co-ordination of a group of analysts involved in routine and non-routine product testing and environmental microbiological testing.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement within the laboratory
- Effective investigation of microbiological issues both within the laboratory and around site where appropriate and the identification and implementation of CAPA
- Preparation of validation protocols, co-ordination of testing and preparation of reports
- Preparation of documentation for review by regulatory authorities
- Operate within budgetary requirements
- Identification and implementation of new technology / ways of working
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and company requirements
- Meeting of Health & Safety regulations and promote a health and safety orientated environment
- A degree in Microbiology or equivalent as a minimum is a necessity of the role
Minimum of 5 years proven experience within a high volume healthcare manufacturing environment, including the manufacture of sterile Parenteral IV Solutions, Drugs and Medical Devices. Knowledge of current EU / FDA GMP regulations is essential.
The role requires a strong team management background within a laboratory environment with experience of:
- Setting individuals performance measures
- Performance management
- Conflict resolution
The role requires a strong microbiological background with experience of the following:
- Sterility Assurance
- Microbiological and Sterility Testing
- Water Testing
- Endotoxin Testing
- Environmental Monitoring Methods and Cleanroom Classifications
- Terminally Sterilised – Steam, ETO and Gamma Sterilisation
- Aseptic Manufacture
- Method Validation
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- BBL Crystal
If you are interested in this position or to find out more information regarding this position please call Callum on 0208 364 9911. Alternatively you can email me on firstname.lastname@example.org