Salary: £45,000 – £48,000 + Benefits
Hours: 4 shifts including some weekends (4 on / 4 off, alternate night / days on 12 hour shifts)
Job Type: 3 Month Fixed Contract
Reports to: Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Engineer has responsibility for daily manufacturing operations, implementing reactive, preventative and process development maintenance tasks. They are also responsible for
equipment performance, quality, output and continuous improvement through OEE. They must also possess interpersonal and team building skills. .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Maintenance Engineer is a key member of the maintenance organisation in sustaining and the continuing development of all manufacturing and support processes
- Comply with EHS/GMP/GDP/company and corporate policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Will have a key role in daily manufacturing operations, implementing reactive, preventative and process development maintenance tasks.
- Candidates should be familiar with mechanical systems, PLC controls, low-voltage controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, Data bus communication systems.
- Previous experience in the medical manufacturing industry would be an advantage.
- Ensure the correct spare parts are set up in the stores.
- A commitment to additional education and up skilling is essential.
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal and team skills, complemented with a high level of multi disciplined technical aptitude. Candidates must be capable of effectively identifying and proactively resolving complex technical issues by direct intervention and correction. Also have the ability to think analytically and innovate to achieve goals.
- Possess leadership qualities, initiative, drive, motivation and a capacity and willingness to learn about new systems and technologies.
Qualifications Required :
- Candidates should at minimum have attained trades certification. A relevant accredited multi skilled qualification or equivalent technical certification in Electrical or Mechanical engineering will be an advantage.
Education and/or Experience:
- Ideally three years experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more information then please call Josh on 0208 364 9911. Alternatively you can email me on email@example.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.