Operational Support Pharmacist
Salary: £Competitive depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Chief Pharmacist
A key member of the Pharmacy team ensuring a highly responsive service for all medicines dispensed through the Pharmacy. Normally acts as the Responsible pharmacist overseeing the dispensing process of licensed and unlicensed medicines, replenishing stocks and responding to patient / prescriber queries as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the Accuracy Checking Technician(s) (ACT’s) work efficiently and according to GPhC guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) day to day.
- Responsible for performing clinical checks for prescriptions, escalating any complex cases to the Deputy Chief Pharmacist.
- Maintain adherence to all Health & Safety standards and quality controls within the lab including cleaning, environmental checks, disposal of chemicals etc.
- First point of contact for any clinical queries from CSAs/ Production Team Leaders/ Pharmacy Compounders.
- Provide clinical advice and expertise to prescribers / patients, referring the more complex queries to the Chief Pharmacist.
- Responsible for promoting Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) by leading through example.
- Ensure confidentiality of patient and SP is maintained as required by the Data Protection Act.
- Work closely with the Chief Pharmacist / Head of Pharmacy & Production to identify the root cause analysis and adopt the correct reflective measures after a near miss / dispensing error to improve professional and pharmacy practise.
- Monitor Pharmacy stock levels regularly and order in materials, consumables and POMs from preapproved suppliers in advance as required and alerting Head of Pharmacy when specials stocks are getting low.
- Remain up to date with key communications and personal professional development.
- Understand and support the Head of Pharmacy with the delivery of KPIs and objectives.
- Responsible for partaking in any other activity/task not listed that is required within the scope of the role.
Experience & Requirements:
- Must be registered with the GPhC with at least 3years of dispensing experience.
- A good knowledge of hormones
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the company.
- Excellent keyboard skills including experience of working with PMR
- Excellent communication skills required for interacting with prescribers, patients and colleagues
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Good team player.