Health & Safety Manager
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 + Benefits
Hours: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
To be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day Health & Safety and supporting the facilities management services to the Group’s clinics and companies, promoting and maintaining the highest standards of customer care and service.
To drive and maintain the front of house image to deliver an exceptional customer experience to patients, visitors and employees.
To ensure best practice in health and safety management at all times.
To support FM in the Hard & Soft services so they are maintained to the correct statutory maintenance standards.
1.0 Group Health and Safety
1.1 To advise the group through the Group Facilities Manager of all technical and legal health and safety issues and requirements.
1.2 To implement a group-wide Health and Safety Policy, with associated risk assessments and documentation.
1.3 To establish and chair the Group Health and Safety Forum and prepare a quarterly report for the Forum including accident and incident statistics and key actions arising from health and safety audits.
1.4 To develop and maintain an expert health and safety advisory role, in addition to providing any necessary practical assistance as part of a coordinated risk management approach.
1.5 To support each clinic in conducting regular health and safety audits, ensuring preventative and protective measures are in place and are effective.
1.6 To take responsibility for Fire Safety across the group, including but not limited to scheduling fire risk assessments and inspections, overseeing the routine testing of fire systems and assist with conducting fire drills.
1.7 To ensure that suitable training is provided for Risk Assessors, and that Managers are adequately trained and competent to fulfil their Health and Safety responsibilities.
1.8 To organise the recruitment and training of Health and Safety representatives/coordinators, Fire Wardens/Marshals, and First Aiders, ensuring sufficient resources are in place to fulfil their role.
1.9 To investigate any major incidents/accidents, ensuring that these are appropriately reported in line with group policies.
1.10 To collate and report re-active and pro-active performance indicators such as the number of adverse incident reports received according to category (staff/patient/public and type).
1.11 To handle the updating and set-up of supplier details, in particular annual liability insurance details and health and safety records
Education and qualifications
* Good standard of general education
* Relevant H&S qualification such as IOSH Managing Safety Course and NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma
Experience and knowledge
* Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and regulations relevant to the company
* Knowledge of accident and incident recording, investigation and reporting health and safety issues
* Good knowledge of Fire Management and Risk Assessment
* Experience of compiling and analyzing data sets using in-house and external databases
* Experience of incident investigations and closing out of investigations
* Experiencing of working with complex joint ventures, alliances and stakeholder groups
* Some knowledge of Planned and Preventative Maintenance (PPM) standards and statutory requirements or desire to learn