Group Financial Accountant
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 + Benefits
Hours: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
Working closely with the Group Financial Controller and local Finance Managers you will ensure subsidiary reporting to Group is compliant, efficient and business-focused. You will support the Group Financial Controller during business acquisitions and other shareholder transactions.
* Ensuring the timely preparation of the annual statutory accounts for all subsidiaries and consolidated, and liaising with external auditors.
* Preparation of monthly consolidated Group results and management information that supports and influences decision-making across the business.
* Preparation of Group financial statements and consolidated budgets for reporting to the Board.
* Cash flow management and identifying any cash shortfalls well in advance.
* Preparing budgets, cash flows and projections with ongoing monthly monitoring and analysis of variances.
* Ensuring subsidiary clinic balance sheet reconciliations are performed and reconcile.
* Ensuring statutory compliance and reporting including completion of VAT returns and reporting to Companies House.
* Ensure the highest standards of management reporting and pro-actively bring to management’s attention areas of financial or operational inefficiency.
* Assist in implementation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV to support finance management and reporting functions.
* Assist in developing systems and processes for project appraisals, cost reporting and forecasting to improve accuracy and efficiency.
* Involvement in M&A activity including due diligence, preparation of working capital analyses, and subsequent involvement in integration of any new acquisitions.
* Support and participate in activities that develop and improve central services at Group level.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge in own area of expertise.
* Act in full compliance with the letter and spirit of national and company legal, ethical and regulatory laws and standards.
* Ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times in line with Group policies, current HFEA Code of Practice, Information Governance guidelines and the Data Protection Act.
* Undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Education and qualifications
- Qualified Accountant, ideally ACA (ICAEW)
Experience and knowledge
- Demonstrable track record of technical competence and experienced in meeting UK GAAP / IFRS requirements
- Experience of working in the finance department of fast paced demanding commercial business
Skills and abilities
- Highly analytical with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and external parties
- Ability to liaise effectively with Finance Managers across the Group
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to see the bigger picture and become hands-on when required
- Ability to work effectively under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Protects confidentiality of business information across the Group
- Competent using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
Sensible Staffing are fully committed to protecting any personal information that you choose to share with us via our website or through any means of correspondence.
What information do we collect?
Sensible Staffing is part of the Pario Group of companies. At no stage will we disclose your information to a third party company outside of the Pario Group of companies and will use the appropriate security measures to ensure that all data remains private.
This also applies to any correspondence made by fax, phone or email.
We track all visits to our website so that we can monitor usage and preferences to help us provide a better service and online experience for our users. Information we collect relates to referral websites, search engines and your personal IP address. We do not use this information to identify you as an individual and you will remain anonymous.
Cookies are small files stored within your web browser from our website. Cookies do not collect or contain any personal information about you nor do they allow us to access your computer in any way, shape or form.
Please note that in agreeing to share these details you have not forfeited your rights as outlined under the Data Protection Act 1998.