Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hours: Full Time
Job Type: Permanent
As a key member of the company hierarchy, the General Manager is responsible for overseeing the entirety of the business operations. The General Manager must ensure that company goals are met in a timely fashion by efficiently and effectively managing personnel and resources. Proactive manager, capable of proposing and delivering solutions.
* Responsible for business development, accounting, HR, administration, QM, facilities, legal and al non-medical services.
* To increase management effectiveness by recruiting selecting orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
* To develop strategic plans by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
o To prepare annual business plan, improve income volume and pricing, control of costs, reduction of purchase prices, and rationalisation of costs across the unit.
o To develop business plans and growth strategies including commercially viable new income streams and cost-control programmes.
* To prepare the monthly business report (both “internal” report for the Medical Director and the group report for The Company).
* To build the image of the clinics by collaborating with customers, governing bodies, community organisations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
* To maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
* To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
o To ensure all annual mandatory training and updates are completed and necessary records maintained. E.g. work station assessment, fire training
o To develop and maintain personal and professional growth. To have responsibility for ensuring annual appraisal and personal development plan
* To be compliant with all areas of the current HFE Act and the associated Code of Practice.
* Support medical directors in the improvement of the business.
* Work with senior managers in the company to form a cohesive management team capable of driving the business forward.
Education and qualifications
* Good standard of general education
Experience and knowledge
* Proactive manager capable of assessing and costing new business opportunities
* Knowledge of marketing strategies
* Previous experience in senior management roles
* Demonstrable experience in business development
* People management
Skills and abilities
* Contract negotiation skills, capable of negotiating effectively with new business leads
* Able to interpret financial statements and improve business profitability
* Able to improve financial reporting systems and analysis
* Able to work with the senior management team to drive the business forward
* Excellent leadership, organisation and communication skills
* Adept at using MS Office, especially Word and Excel
* Be able to properly manage teams and employees
* Be able to delegate responsibilities
* Be resourceful, inventive and self-confident
* Flexible and self-motivated
* Natural team player
* High level of resilience