Fertility Nurse Position
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week), on a shift basis (8:00am-4:30pm or 12:00pm -8:30pm) plus Saturday work on a rotational basis
Salary range: negotiable, based on experience.
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a registered nurse within a private healthcare environment, ideally in a reproductive medicine, fertility or acute care setting.
We promise to provide all of our patients with the very best personalised care and tailor treatment to their individual needs. In order to offer a complete solution we are one of the few clinics with a comprehensive range of fertility services. As a team of specialist consultants in the fields of fertility, gynaecology and urology, we offer advice and treatments in all aspects of assisted conception, gynaecology, endoscopic surgery, and male infertility management.
We understand that our patients are going through a difficult period and will do our absolute best to make them feel at home and at ease. We guarantee that our service will be professional but personal – we start by making them a cup of tea, then we hold their hand and walk with them during this trying time. To this end, we will do our best to ensure that they are seen by the same members of our staff each time they visit. Furthermore, to make visiting us convenient we offer flexible appointments, including evenings and weekends.
Provide assistance to clinicians and nursing staff, including but not limited to:
- Prepare for and assist with the smooth running of the clinic ensuring a high standard of nursing care
- Scheduling of patient treatment cycles, liasing with doctors to arrange prescriptions and drug administration
- Perform basic patient assessments
- Perform blood tests
- Perform nurse’s pretreatment consultations
- Teach patients how to self administer relevant medications
- Assist with ultrasound scans
- Administer medications, including IV infusions
- Dispense medications per prescriptions
- Perform pre-operative assessments
- Assist in theatre procedures, including egg collections, embryo transfers and hysteroscopies
- Perform post-operative recovery
Required experience and skills
- Reproductive medicine experience is an advantage
- Phlebotomy experience
- Ability to cannulate
- Experience of monitoring patients after sedation
- Excellent bedside manner
- Outstanding patient care
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more information then please call Albie on 0208 364 9911. Alternatively you can email me on email@example.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.