Salary: £52,000 – £62,000 + Benefits
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
To manage the engineering activities at the Liverpool site in order that equipment availability, reliability and capability is continuously improved, capital investment projects are delivered on time and to budget and the Liverpool facilities and equipment are properly maintained in compliance with the requirements of cGMP, FDA, ISO13485 and EHS Legislation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Key Results Area
- To define, implement and review the engineering strategies of the business.
- To manage the maintenance engineering, project engineering and facilities management functions of the business.
- To monitor equipment and service provisions to direct proactive engineering support to minimise breakdown and optimise plant/equipment availability.
- To plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of all facilities and equipment at the Liverpool site.
- To recruit employees; assign, direct and evaluate their work; oversee the development of their skills and competences and address performance issues as required.
- To develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed on equipment and facilities within the business.
- To direct and co-ordinate the engineering activities associated with provision of services including, but not limited to, water, compressed air, gas, electric and servicing contracts.
- To identify, plan, cost and financially justify capital investment engineering projects that drive improvement and/or capacity growth.
- To coordinate and direct engineering projects such that they are completed on time and within budget.
- To consult and negotiate with engineering, equipment and service suppliers and contractors to ensure contracts, specifications and cost estimates provide the best value possible.
Knowledge & Skills
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Educated to BEng level in engineering discipline.
- Good people, communication and computer literacy skills.
- Experience of managing an engineering function in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience of managing maintenance and project engineering functions.
- Knowledge and experience of implementation of continuous improvement activities.
- Knowledge and experience of implementation of engineering best practice.
Qualifications Required :
Essential – Engineering Degree
Preferred – Lean Practitioner
Preferred – NEBOSH/IOSH/ COSHH
Lean tools and techniques within a Pharmaceutical / Medical Device environment
Practical Problem Solving
People development & training
Budget creation and management
Failure Mode Effect Analysis
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of 5 years Experience of Engineering Management at senior level with responsibility of high cost budgets and teams of skilled personel.
Permits to Work
PLC / SCADA
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Greg, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.