Deputy Chief Nursing Officer
37.5 hours per week – Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm (some flexibility required)
Salary – Negotiable
The Deputy Chief Nursing Officer will provide support to the CNO in providing clinical leadership to the Central London Hospitals to ensure excellent patient experience and outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To undertake direct line management for defined areas.
- To lead quality, patient experience and patient safety programmes to improve patient and consultant satisfaction.
- To develop and lead service development programmes to meet business and clinical objectives.
- To participate in workforce planning and the development of a high quality and effective nursing and midwifery recruitment and retention programme.
- Lead on developments in new roles and new ways of working to ensure nursing practice follows best practice guidance and is at the forefront nationally and internationally.
- To work with the service leads to ensure that the clinical requirements of patients are met within a framework of evidence based practice and cost efficiency.
- To work closely with the Deputy CNO – Children’s Services to ensure a strategic approach to nursing is taken across adult and children’s services.
- To deputise for the CNO as required.
- Act as a role model for the service and representative of the hospitals, both internally, corporately and externally.
- Act as the Adult Safeguarding Lead across the hospitals.
- Lead project teams for service developments to create or improve patient pathways and services.
- Support nursing and midwifery teams to be clinically effective and up to date, and responsive to patient requirements.
Skills & Experience Needed:
- Registered General Nurse
- Relevant post graduate qualification/s including degree level education.
- Significant senior nursing and operational management experience in acute care settings.
- Experience in leading successful change management and quality improvements.
- Experience in developing business cases and leading implementation of new services.
- Experience in adult safeguarding and managing the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act.
- Critical Care Experience desirable.
If you are interested or would like to receive more information please contact me on 0208 364 9911 and choose option 4 and ask for Yasin Miah or email Yasin on firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.