Hours: 09:00 – 17:00 (Mon-Fri)
Reports to: Clinical Performance Manager
Salary: £42,630 basic + benefits
Sensible Staffing are currently recruiting a Clinical Lead to work within an Immigration Removals Centre in the West Sussex area for a reputable private company who not only offer a healthy salary and benefits, but also lots of training programs to take advantage of!
- 1st level Registered Nurse with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Be willing to undertake Non medical Prescriber course and utilise skills within a reasonable timeframe
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development to maintain up-to-date knowledge and on-going competence in all aspects of the senior healthcare role
- Post registration qualification in autonomous practice or equivalent
- Leadership experience within a healthcare setting at a senior level
- Experience of managing a team Evidence of participation in clinical supervision (either in the supervised or supervisor role) Proven post registration experience including evidence of working in any of these following clinical areas; Accident & Emergency, Primary Care environments, Minor Injuries / Illness Units
- Acute specialities at a Band 6 or equivalent
- Evidence of autonomous working / evidence of extended skills eg suturing, prescribing
- Has excellent health promotion knowledge within a prison environment Evidence of knowledge in: Current professional nursing issues, health promotion, clinical governance, National initiatives e.g. NICE guidelines, pharmacology, Evidence based practice, Standard for Better Health, care Quality Commission
- Ability to lead and promote clinical expertise and knowledge of audit
- Demonstrable critical reasoning skills and decision making
- Demonstrable evidence of multi-professional / multi-agency working
- Ability to demonstrate effective use of staff and resources
- Complete understanding of the medico-legal aspects of the role
- Oversee the operational day to day management for clinical healthcare delivery including actively monitoring patient satisfaction and patient health outcomes.
- To have responsibility in ensuring both HJIP and QOF clinical key performance indicators (KPI’s) are met.
- Manage and provide leadership and support to the Healthcare Team, inclusive of sub-contractors within the facility.
- Ensure effective and documented orientation and support to new staff to the facility.
- In the event of any emergency situation investigate and perform root-cause analysis to ensure lessons are learnt and implemented accordingly.
- Supervise the collation of the off duty rota, ensuring effective use of resources.
- Deputise for the Head of Healthcare in their absence when requested.
- Ensure services are delivered within budgetary constraints, and be responsible and accountable in the annual budget setting.
If you are interested or would like to receive more information please contact me on 0208 364 9911 and choose option 4 and ask for Andrew Tsangaris or email Andrew on Andrew.Tsangaris@sensible-staffing.com.
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.