Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Pharmacy
A key member of the team ensuring clinical excellence and providing a first class patient experience for all Pharmacy services. Recognised as an expert in compounding formulations and hormones, this role defines the clinical excellence standards, advising colleagues, prescribers and patients on complex clinical maters relating to products or hormones in general.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the Superintendent Pharmacist, accountable to the GPhC.
- Accountable to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are compliant with GPhC guidelines, and are updated at all times, in preparation for any audit.
- Accountable for ensuring the Pharmacy delivers clinical excellence at all times, that there is a Responsible Pharmacist on site.
- Provide a first class service available to provide advice and expertise to patients / prescribers for any complex/highly specialised product/hormone queries / complaints.
- Ensure confidentiality of patient and the company is maintained as required by the Data Protection Act.
- Act as an ‘oracle’ to build good knowledge of hormones and products across the wider team.
- Help to train and coach other pharmacists/technicians, sharing best practice, teaching others what good looks like and leading by example to promote Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Leading the procurement strategy, sourcing and obtaining the best possible prices for raw materials (from preapproved suppliers where required).
- Oversee all new product formulation development projects.
- Manage own time effectively, ensuring all prescriptions are clinically checked promptly.
- Work closely with the Head of Pharmacy/Production to oversee the correct reflective measures when dealing with a near miss / dispensing error to help improve professional and pharmacy practise.
- Responsible for performance managing and mentoring the Operational Support Pharmacist (and Deputy Chief Pharmacist)
- Help to spot prescribing trends and predict future demand for compounded products and new product/service opportunities etc. for the management team.
- Support the Product Marketing Manager and Head of Pharmacy & Production to explore the viability and understand implications of any new product development etc.
- Supports the Head of Quality to develop protocols and production specifications for bulk manufacturing.
- Acts as a senior ambassador for the company with external stakeholders, including at Training course, conferences etc.
- Oversee clinical and accuracy checks for all prescriptions being dispensed through the Pharmacy.
Experience & Requirements:
- Must be registered with the GPhC, preferably with at least 5 years of dispensing experience.
- A proven and recognised expert in the field of hormones.
- An expert on formulation development (and the implications for compounding /production)
- Excellent keyboard skills including experience of working with various PMR and compounding software.
- Excellent communication skills required for interacting with prescribers, patients, colleagues
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary setting is highly desirable.
If you are interested in this role please click Apply, or contact me on 0208 364 9911 and ask for Greg, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.