Sister/Charge Nurse-Urgent Care
37.5 hours per week
Salary – £39,174 – £45,419
As a Sister/Charge Nurse at our Urgent Care Centre, you will responsible for leading the management of the Urgent Care Centre services within the hospital, providing a visible and authoritative presence in a clinical setting, providing clinical leadership within defined areas by acting as a positive role model, who practices evidence based care and to ensure high standards of clinical care.
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Assess, plan and deliver evidence based care, based on individual patient and family needs.
- To develop sound clinical leadership and act as a role model for junior staff.
- Prioritising workload and directing staff accordingly.
- To make efficient use of resources and ensure all revenue is captured
- Regularly deputise for Matron, providing management and leadership in her absence.
- Management of a team of nurses on a shift to shift basis
- Handle complaints appropriately and refer to senior staff as needed
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good teamwork
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met.
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality ensuring as a chaperone required
- Support and act as role model for junior staff, and assists in ensuring a comprehensive learning environment acting as a mentor/supervisor in the clinical setting, assisting with setting competencies as required.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order.
- To maintain clear, concise contemporaneous records in accordance with HCA and NMC guidelines and policy
- Responsible for the control storage and administration of drugs.
- Been involved with audits/projects to improve the service as required
- Monitor the unit and assist in developing new pathways/ protocols in line with NICE/ DOH guidelines and hospital policy.
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Experience/Qualification in AAU or A&E
- UKCC Registration and Validation requirements
- 2 years post registration experience
- ILS trained, ALS desirable
- Mentorship course desirable
- Phlebotomy/ cannulation training desirable
- Knowledge of relevant Hospital Policies and Procedures
If you are interested or would like to receive more information please contact me on 0208 364 9911 and choose option 4 and ask for Yasin Miah or email Yasin on email@example.com
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.