Salary: £20,000 + Benefits
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Administration Lead & Quality support
Main focus is to be an active part of the administrative team. In conjunction with the other members of the administration team, the Admin Assistant provides a warm welcome and efficient contact for patients of the clinic, whilst providing support to the doctors. The successful applicant will be of a professional appearance, articulate, confident and proactive with good communication and IT skills with a pleasant telephone manner.
The role is based on multi-function duties rostered and will include rostered weekend approximately one in four.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To be completely confidential in all matters pertaining to the company.
2. To be conversant with the patient database for recording and maintaining patient information, including the appointment system and invoicing system.
3. Receive all post, scan into patient records on the same day.
4. Frank post and prepare accordingly for collection.
5. Scanning, assigning and filing of all correspondence or results into patient notes/files.
6. To ensure the reception and waiting room are kept clean and tidy
7. Take payments by cash or card in person or by card over the telephone
8. To answer and/or appropriately refer all incoming calls to personnel within the unit
9. Check that all patients have been sent a confirmation letter for appointments for the following weeks calendar.
10. Ensure that patients receive call/text patients 48 hours prior to appointment to confirm attendance.
11. To provide cover when the invoicing clerk is on leave
12. Filing of medical notes, letters, test results and other correspondence
13. To perform routine office support duties
14. To maintain confidentiality at all times and adhere to the HFEA Code of Practice and Guidelines
15. A willingness to undertake any appropriate duties deemed by the Administration Lead & Quality Support
16. Arranging paperwork for each doctor prior to their clinics.
a. Answering phone calls to ensure that all calls are answered within 3 rings.
b. To explain the processes to new patients and those seeking treatment.
c. Booking and changing appointments for patients
d. Reception cover when required
e. Assisting with audio typing, if required Other medical secretary duties, as and when required
20. To take responsibility for specific duties/projects as agreed with the Administration lead & quality support.
21. To communicate patient feedback to the Administration Lead & Quality support and General Manager to ensure that issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.
Requirement Essential Desirable
Education and qualifications * Educated to Higher Level, must include English. Formal administration, secretarial or business qualification or equivalent evidenced experience.
Experience and knowledge
* Minimum one years’ experience working in an administration role.
* Experience working with patients / customers over the telephone
* Skills & competencies normally associated with relevant administration experience.
* Proficient knowledge and experience of all Microsoft Office Packages
Experience in health care setting, however previous professional settings considered
Skills and abilities * Excellent keyboard skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and manner
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patients over the telephone, face-to-face
* Excellent time management skills
* Calm under pressure
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Commitment to delivering a high-quality patient experience. Cash / payment handling
* Needs to be flexible- the hours of work will be based around the need of the service which includes weekend working
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more information then please call Josh Sarna on 0208 364 9911. Alternatively you can email me on email@example.com.
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.