Salary: £20,000 + Benefits
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Administration Lead & Quality support
Main focus is to be an active part of the administrative team. In conjunction with the other members of the administration team, the Admin Assistant provides a warm welcome and efficient contact for patients of the clinic, whilst providing support to the doctors. The successful applicant will be of a professional appearance, articulate, confident and proactive with good communication and IT skills with a pleasant telephone manner.
The role is based on multi-function duties rostered and will include rostered weekend approximately one in four.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be completely confidential in all matters pertaining to the company.
- To be conversant with the patient database for recording and maintaining patient information, including the appointment system and invoicing system.
- To take responsibility for specific duties/projects as agreed with the Administration lead & quality support.
- To adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures as detailed in our Quality Management System.
- To accept further training as required for job fulfilment and personal development.
- To complete any duties that from time to time will be required for the efficiency of the clinic.
- Receive all post, scan into patient records on the same day.
- Frank post and prepare accordingly for collection.
- Scanning, assigning and filing of all correspondence or results into patient notes/files.
- To ensure the reception and waiting room are kept clean and tidy
- Take payments by cash or card in person or by card over the telephone
- To answer and/or appropriately refer all incoming calls to personnel within the unit
- Check that all patients have been sent a confirmation letter for appointments for the following weeks calendar.
- Ensure that patients receive call/text patients 48 hours prior to appointment to confirm attendance.
Education and qualifications
* Educated to Higher Level, must include English.
Experience and knowledge
* Minimum one years’ experience working in an administration role.
* Experience working with patients / customers over the telephone
* Skills & competencies normally associated with relevant administration experience.
* Proficient knowledge and experience of all Microsoft Office Packages
Skills and abilities
* Excellent keyboard skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and manner
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patients over the telephone, face-to-face
* Excellent time management skills
* Calm under pressure
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Commitment to delivering a high-quality patient experience.
* Flexible and self-motivated
* High level of resilience
* Right to work in the UK
* Satisfactory references
* Needs to be flexible- the hours of work will be based around the need of the service which includes weekend working
If you would like more information regarding the position please call Greg on 0208 364 9911. Alternatively you can email me on email@example.com