Accuracy Checking Technician
Salary: £23,000 per annum + £2497 bonus
Hours: Monday to Friday
7.5 hours shifts between 7am – midnight
Job Type: Permanent
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all prescribed products are picked and dispensed accurately in line with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) whist completing an internal checking firewall and ACT training for all dispensary therapies, which includes but is not limited to POMs, IVIGS, CIVAs, PN, enteral and CG.
- To undertake dispensing and checking duties, under the supervision of the Dispensing Section Leader, for the supply of medicinal products to homecare patients.
- To help coordinate the work of the pharmacy assistants assigned to support the dispensing service.
- To liaise with the other dispensing technicians and ACTs to ensure efficient use of resources across the different dispensing sections.
- To work closely with patient services to ensure that patient’s requirements regarding the supply of their medication are met.
- To collate information and produce reports required by the Dispensing Section Leader.
- To liaise with the clinical teams at customer hospitals and clinics to determine the exact requirements of the prescriptions.
- To prepare and maintain, in conjunction with the other technicians, ACTs and pharmacists, a complete and up to date series of SOPs for the dispensing processes.
- To carry out other associated professional duties as required, including the input of specialist knowledge into the development of new business opportunities.
- To maintain a satisfactory awareness of current trends on pharmaceutical issues and be committed to continuing professional development sufficient for the purposes of maintaining registration and as appropriate for a senior practitioner.
- To undergo a personal appraisal and PDP process annually with appropriate reviews throughout the year.
- To contribute to the effectiveness of the department by putting forward suggestions for innovation and development of pharmacy services in general.
- To undertake other reasonable duties as assigned by the Dispensing Section Leader.
Experience and Qualifications
- Hold The NPA (National Pharmaceutical Association) accuracy in Dispensing accreditation or an equivalent nationally recognised qualification in Accuracy Checking
- Completed Level 3 NVQ Diploma in pharmacy service skills.
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical council as a Pharmacy Technician.
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear more information then please call Daniel on 0208 364 9911. Alternatively you can email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as an employment business to provide temporary staff and an employment agency to provide permanent staff.